[Sussex] Captive portal

Vic lug at beer.org.uk
Thu Mar 8 10:45:59 UTC 2007

> My plan is to set up a
> simple test network, as follows:
>
> Router already connected to the Internet -
> Linked by Ethernet cable to -
> A Fedora Core 5 server containing a wireless card -
> Linked by wireless connection to -
> A Windows PC

That's pretty much what I have - except that I have a Linux PC the other
end :-)

> I have two US Robotics Wireless PCI cards ( USR2216), one of which I will
> install in the PC but I cannot find a Linux driver for the one I would
> like to put in the PC5 server.

Google doesn't seem to have much info on that card - you might be flogging
a dead horse...

The way I got my wireless net up is by using a wireless router on my
"restricted" network - it's busily trying to connect to an ADSL line that
doesn't exist, but that doesn't stop the wireless stuff working. I did it
this way because my new ISP sent me this router when I signed up :-)

Vic.