[Sussex] MySource Matrix Open Source CMS presentation

Fay Zee sussex at eglug.org.uk
Sat Apr 26 00:05:47 UTC 2008

Hi all. Upcoming presentation I've found. Some of you may be interested
in content management systems. I've asked for the day off to go up to
Olympia to see this.

Oxford University Library Services have been using the MySource Matrix
Open Source content management system for about three years. They're
giving a keynote presentation on their implementation at the Internet
World 2008 show. This talk takes place on Tuesday 29th April at Olympia
and is free to attend.

MySource Matrix, in its current incarnation, was developed in 2001 by
a privately owned company called Squiz, founded in 1998. It comes in
two versions: open source (GPL) or Squiz Supported Version (SSV) with
additional modules. It's designed to run on a Linux web server, running
Apache, PHP and PostgreSQL. Other platforms and databases (eg Oracle)
are also supported. It's written in PHP and uses the PEAR database
abstraction layer to manage database communication.

Internet World:
http://www.internetworld.co.uk/looking-at-open-source-oxford-university-case-study.html

Case study:
http://www.squiz.co.uk/open_source_cms_clients/case_studies/oxford_university_library_services