[Sussex] More Fuel for Linux

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 09:35:50 UTC 2008

Last night I dual-booted one of those new small format Acer dual-core
1gig RAM computers.
The Vista runs like frozen treacle, it was so slow that I could not even
get at the control panel, even my patience was exceeded.
Fortunately it already had a 'D' partition so I simply used that.
Net result - the owner was amazed at the speed of the system, somehow I
think that he is very certainly converted and he has not yet had a
proper play on it, I shall follow up in a few days to see how he is doing.