[Sussex] pppoa

Angus Robinson angus at fairhaven.za.net
Fri Apr 3 10:56:57 UTC 2009

Hi Desmond

It is a Ethernet modem, i dont have a usb modem (most of the articles
that i have  found that deal with pppoa on the net, where dealing with
usb modems). So its an Ethernet one, the modem is connected already and
i can surf and what not but i want to be able to get the redhat linux
box to do the authentication (internet <-- modem in bridge mode <- linux
router to do the auth <- network). I have tried adsl-setup but that
deals with pppoe, i have also tried pppd with pppoa plugin no go (but i
have a feeling i am doing this wrong).

Regards,
Angus

--
Professor Moriarty: Right-ho, gents, it's another simulation gone mad, so
murder and mayhem, standard procedure.