[Sussex] sip

Elio Crivello criv1710 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 17:15:33 UTC 2012

At Last some earthly problems.
I have been trying to get the wife to "totally - impossible, still
lots of software only for Windows"   move to Linux.  I cannot install
Ubuntu on her Win7 lap (compaq presario).  Gparted does not read her
HDD. I am scared to foul up her machine.  I get her to use U 10.04
from a USB for net uses (Ancestry - co.uk.  I know  I should put some
effort into GRAMPS). But it would be much better if I could install
Ubuntu on her HDD and create a partition for personal data as I have
successfully done previously, but not on this one.
Thanks everyone.