[SWLUG] Cable providers not wanting networks?

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 23:08:45 UTC 2002

An article in this months Practical Internet magazine suggests that cable
providers will often cut off people who split their usage to more than one
machine.

I could understand the problem with people running an office full of  people
off one domestic line but what I want is a network for me alone when and if I
finally get to move house.

It would be useful for example to be able to use a computer in my bedroom.

Does anyone know if this story is accurate?

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog