[SWLUG] Cable providers not wanting networks?

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 23:42:32 UTC 2002

a straw poll will probably find that most ntl customers at least are running
home networks, i've read differing opinions about being able to tell if
someone is using nat/masquerade behind a firewall or not so someone else can
address those technicalities, i'm running a few machines behind a firewall
box and not had any problems, i assume that ntl know folk do this and indeed
i expect that they see this possibility as a draw for cable customers,
running public servers from your home network - now that might get you cut
off..

bascule

--
"Zaphod grinned two manic grins, sauntered over to the bar
and bought most of it."

- Zaphod in paradise.