[SWLUG] Cable providers not wanting networks?

Rhys Jones rhys at sucs.org
Fri Aug 30 09:43:25 UTC 2002

Hello,

This is a timely discussion, as I'm getting a 512k install tomorrow :)

> I work at ntl and spend all day hearing from people who are using home
> networks - the only thing we say is we won't give tech support on home
> networking. As far as ntl is concerned it's one MAC, one IP at any given
> time.

That was my sort-of understanding.

What I'd like to do is to set up a web server on a linux box at home, but
only allow access through a username/password via .htaccess. Given that
the username/password would only ever be known by my wife and me, would
this be ok?

Rhys

PS Relevant to this discussion is the August 26th entry at
http://www.oblomovka.com/