[SWLUG] Installing debian

Stuart Herbert stuart at myrddraal.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 12 13:52:00 UTC 2003

Strange - I'm also trying to get debian installed at the moment.

I downloaded the netinst CD image for debian-testing, and booted it under
Vmware.  Didn't get very far - the image didn't seem to recognise any of my
Vmware hard disks or Cdroms, and had a very small selection of networking
modules, so I couldn't get networking installed either.

Bit of a shock!

I couldn't find any docs about the netinst CD image on debian.org, and
Google pretty much turned up a blank.  Can anyone point me at something I've
missed?

Ta,
Stu
--