[SWLUG] Perl/MySQL Problem

Terry John terry.john at bbc.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 09:56:19 UTC 2010

I've upgraded my installation of MySQL which gave me a few problems with
Perl scripts. So I upgraded the DBD-mysql module. Unfortunately the
DBD-mysql insists on using /tmp/mysql.sock socket instead of the one
that that MySQL is configured for.

I can configure MySQL to use that socket, or symlink it. It's just that
I'd rather the socket was tucked away in /var/lib/mysql which is where
it was before. I'm afraid if I symlink it in /tmp the symlink will be
"tidied away" at some point.

Does anyone know any way of configuring/hacking/bullying DBD-mysql to
look in the right place for the socket. The original system (RedHat) one
managed it but maybe they're cleverer than me..

Terry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/