[Watford] Installiang Debian

Walter walter at helvatron.co.uk
Mon Apr 3 21:52:56 BST 2006

Hi Matt,

No the copy I have is Debian 2.2 but it has an option to install 2.4
(command bf24). When I use that it locks up the pc at:  TIMER Vector.....

2.2 works fine it just wont install the ehternet adpater. As I said, it's a
PCI Realtek 8139B which is on the list of available kernel modules. To make
sure I tested the card in a windows system and it works ok.

After installing this module I entered the host name, then select DHCP
configuration to get the address, dns etc but can't it find the server. I
then used manual config but even then ifconfig shows the localhost ip not
the static one I assigned.

The Linux26 command does not work.  I must have a very out-of-date version
of debian.  I'll check the FTP site for later ones. The readme.txt file in
disk iso image file give the following version info:

		        Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r2 "Woody" - Official i386
Binary-1 CD
Thanks and regards, Walter