[Watford] Installiang Debian

Walter walter at helvatron.co.uk
Wed Apr 5 08:10:34 BST 2006

Hi Matt,

I will be out today.  There has been a power cut in the watford area
yesterday and about 3 server have refused to come up as well as some
routers. So I have been asked to go and have a look at them. I'll try your
suggestion later this evening and let you know.

Yes, sarge fixed it all.  It seems highly automated as it did not ask very
many questions. The 'use DHCP/BOOTP' question appeared, I selected it and
sarge did the rest. The interface comes up AND works. So thanks again for
pointing that out to me.

I have tried to dowload the pdf version of apt how-to but IE wont load it.
So I'll try getting it by way of ftp when I have a bit of time later.  BTW:
I have noticed that PDF's created under linux don't often work in ADOBE
Reader under windows.

Anyway, very many thanks again! Later. Walter