[Watford] Watford Digest, Vol 59, Issue 1 - Linux for tree huggers

Toby Deans plumocelot at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:48:19 BST 2007

http://www.zonbu.com/home/

Despite my flippant heading, I find this pretty interesting..

Zonbu is a low energy profile Linux box with what appears to be online
storage and support as part of the package.

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/HowTo:Install_Linux

Satire.

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Gentoo

Satire again.. This one in particular had me and a fellow Linux developer at
work in tears as it is so painfully close to the truth..

"Gentoo's constant desire to upgrade itself led it to turn on its masters
and begin a nuclear war against humans. John
Connor<http://uncyclopedia.org/index.php?title=John_Connor&action=edit>made
the first response, sending the Governor of
California <http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/California> back in time to stop
it."

If anyone is prepared to a demonstration of this at the next Linux meet..

http://www.strangehorizons.com/2004/20040405/badger.shtml

I'll try to be more serious next time I promise. I blame night shifts and
temporary insanity.

Toby