[Westwales] Somewhat newbie-ish Java SDK question

Jon Pearse westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 18 15:57:01 2003

Hi,

  I'm just working through some Java stuff for university which
involves using Swing and AWT. Fine, having installed it on my Linux
box, I go to run one of the examples to I can play around with the
functions. This is the result.

[jon@setras ex]$ java Simple
Font specified in font.properties not found [-*-standard symbols
l-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
^C
[jon@setras ex]$

  Fine, I know that I'm missing a font - it's about the only useful
information pretty much everyone I've asked here at uni has offered
me. I could poke around the Java documentation or various man pages,
but I don't really have the time or effort right at the moment to do
this, and this work needs handing in at some point...
  Yes, call me lazy, but could someone tell me how to deal with this
(preferably in short, easy terms...) before I start getting annoyed
with Java even more than I am currently :)

  Thanks

-Jon
  (in serious need of a few weeks off, a girlfriend, and not having to
learn Java...)

http://www.jonpearse.net - http://users.aber.ac.uk/jnp2
       jon@jonpearse.net - jnp2@aber.ac.uk

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while
and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.