[Westwales] Somewhat newbie-ish Java SDK question

John Beisley westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 18 16:54:01 2003

I think I had a similar problem once, I think what I did was:

fiddle with the font.properties file (which is under your java main driectory somewhere (do a 'find /path/to/java -name font.properties' :)

find the offending line in the file which will contain:
"-*-standard symbols l-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-p-*-adobe-fontspecific"

Then run xfontsel to find a font that x windows does have installed with a similar definition (using * instead of %d of course)

That's my quick and not very clear guide of how I might have solved it. I hope it helps. I'd say more but I'm trying to recover data from a mate's corrupted win xp NTFS partition ;)

- John