[Westwales] Somewhat newbie-ish Java SDK question

Jonathan West westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 18 18:22:01 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, John Beisley wrote:

> I think I had a similar problem once, I think what I did was:
>
> fiddle with the font.properties file (which is under your java main driectory somewhere (do a 'find /path/to/java -name font.properties' :)
>
> find the offending line in the file which will contain:
> "-*-standard symbols l-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-p-*-adobe-fontspecific"
>
> Then run xfontsel to find a font that x windows does have installed with a similar definition (using * instead of %d of course)

Yep... that's what I had to do,I just commented out the line I
didn't run the xfontsel bit,
maybe that's why I can't get java to work properly.
I think there was about half a dozen such lines .
Off now to run xfontsel and see if I can get java to work 100%
Cheers
Jon

--
public key www.jonwest-horselogging.co.uk/key/jon.asc