[Westwales] Somewhat newbie-ish Java SDK question

Jon Pearse westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 18 20:06:00 2003

  Thanks, man.

  Of course, when I poked around in the font.properties folder, I
found a comment at the top to the effect that Linux may call
different fonts different names, and to replace all instances of
'standard symbols l' with 'symbols'. Which I did, and it worked.
It's amazing what happens when you actually do what the error
message says rather than thinking 'gah!' and giving up :)
  Although, please let it be known that I still don't like Java, but
at least it works.

  And good luck with the XP disk :)

-Jon