[Westwales] Hardware Compatability with SuSe

Jonathan West westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jul 19 11:54:01 2003

Hi Alexander.
I can't remember the url although it is probably www.ldp.org but if you
search google for linux documentation project you will find it.
Also just add the keyword linux to any search string and you will get an
abundance of sites related to what you are looking for.
also try searching the google news archives for groups such as
uk.comp.os.linux
expect there is a suse group as well.
Anyway from what I remember reading on UCOL gigabyte is one of the better
supported mobos.
If your server is going to be public I reckon you should also read the
comp.os.linux.security (cols) newsgroup.
Beware that if you ask questions on these newsgroups with out doing a
certain amount of research yourself by searching google etc you will get
very short, terse  replies
HTH
Jon
Oh yeah... welcome to the wonderful world of LINUX
Another Oh yeah.. hardware compatibility is not usually a distro specific
thing although some installers recognise hardware better than others