[Westwales] Usermode Linux

Dan Ros dan at ivixor.net
Thu Apr 22 11:52:24 BST 2004

> Hi
>
> Has anyone on here had any experience with Usermode Linux? [1]  I'm
> interested in getting a Virtual Machine from a company called Bytemark
> Hosting [2].  I'm wonderign if you guys have any experience with the the
> program or the company?

Yes, I have a virtual server there and two friends of mine have one each too.

So far I've had a very positive experience with bytemark and I wouldn't
hesitate to recommend them.

It's almost impossible to tell it's a virtual server during operation. It
feels a *tiny* bit slow at times but it's not a problem. Definitely no
less limited than say a pentium 300. I'm certainly not complaining for
15ukp a month.

Dan