[Westwales] Mdk 10.0 Shutdown

Robert Savage bobsavage at uklinux.net
Sun Aug 29 11:39:02 BST 2004

Hi All,

Is it me or are there problems in Mandrake 10.0, apart from Kernel 2.6
upsetting the MBR?  I've just done a second new install forcing it to use
Kernel 2.4 after the first one seemed to have a bug with Kmail, it shut down
as soon as you tried to read your mail.  In this second install Kmail works
OK but when I select shutdown from the logout menu the system does not power
down.  If I do a 'shutdown -h now' from a terminal it shuts down correctly.
I assume this is a problem with KDE 3.2, any one any ideas before I bin
Mandrake altogether and try another distribution.

Another problem with this install is its ability to lose the mouse after
shutdown, I keep having to re-run the config tool on boot up.  Perhaps
Windows isn't so bad after all :-)

Bob