[Westwales] My Dilemma

Dan Ros dan at ivixor.net
Mon Mar 1 15:06:38 GMT 2004

> I've been using Debian for a while now (few years) and I've always found
> it to be great for servers. However I'm having a bit of a downer at the
> moment. Let me explain the way my litle brain thinks:

Hey Dan,

If you're considering redhat then you have nothing to lose by going to
Debian testing or unstable, as redhat uses package versions which would
probably be considered "unstable" by debian. I think debian has a much
greater standard of what is considered stable than redhat.

I always use unstable or testing and I have not noticed any real problems.
Not more than you would get in the normal course of using redhat or
compiling from source, in any case.

Dan