[Westwales] Shwmae pawb / Hello everyone

David Goodwin dof at codepoets.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 08:22:45 BST 2004

Liam Closs wrote :
> Heh, theres nothing wrong with a little 'gog' slipping there.
>
> Theres very rarely any activity on the list at all, I've been on it for 6+
> months and have seen about 3-4 posts.
> I almost wet my self with excitement when seeing that my local WHSmith had
> decided to stock LXF,.. The fact they get in more than 5+ issues in a month,
> leads me to belive there must be some other Linux fans in the area.
>
> But the 'technical' group in my area is very close knit and I don't seem to
> be able to get in ;) the joys of studentship.
>
> Liam

All the members of the west wales lug I've met are students or
ex-students...

Of the three lugs I have had any involvement with (West wales, Wolves
and South Birmingham) only the South Birmingham one isn't really close
knit. The others are more of a meet-up slag each other off, have fun,
eat some food (or drink beeer, or both) and perhaps after about 2 hours
of banter talk about something ever so slightly related to Linux...
while the South Birmingham is a formal monthly presentation about
something Linux related.

Have fun,

David.
--