[Westwales] Uh. Coupla questions...

Mister JTA misterjta at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 13:49:20 BST 2005

Have just installed a copy of Ubuntu over here, but I'm new to this,
and I'm suffering a vague post-Windows culture shock. There's a couple
of things I'm fairly sure I should be able to do, but I can't work out
how, so any help would be pretty toptastic.

I've got a drive here which has a boot partition for grub, a 20Gb
partition for Ubuntu itself and a 100 Gb partition in FAT32 which I'm
hoping to put files I make in Ubuntu on, and also MP3s, and the like,
so I can get to them either from Ubuntu, or from Windows, which I've
still got on a second hard drive.

I can't, however, get to the /windows disk, even by poking about in a
terminal, going all the way up the folder tree, and then trying to
come back down, which is currently spoiling the "play music from that
partition" bit of the plan.

I suspect it's also going to scupper the bit of the plan that features
storing documents and things on that drive, but I haven't got a clue
how to go about that anyway - presumably, I need to relocate the
/home/jta directory?

I imagine I've used a small collection of windows-only jargon in this
slighty rambly question, but I'm currently a bit stuck, and I reasoned
it's best to give more information now than have to supply it later!

Cheers!
JTA