[Wiltshire] Nice hardware offer

Sam R. samuel.ross at sirnet.co.uk
Wed May 22 18:56:33 UTC 2019

Hi Dave,

I've dug out the PSU. I pulled it from a working machine that had
developed a "stutter"; a new PSU fixed the problem so as far as I'm
concerned it's dead.

It has a 4 pin 12v supply. There are some PCIE plugs with 2 pins but
they're both ground. I'm not sure if you'd be able to do anything with
it? It's yours if you want it?

The only other things I can think is to try and go to a maker space or
hack space. They may have something laying around somewhere you could
have? Or of course make your own by buying the correct connector, crimps
and cable.

At that power draw it's between 264 and 288 Watts. I'm running a Gen 8
HP microserver with 4x4TB WD Red drives and an Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU
G1610T @ 2.30GHz and getting 80w idle (according to my UPS). I've
actually never tried stressing it. It's only a dual core so I imagine
your CPU has a bit more poke to it! Mine's just a file server and runs
some very small VMs for my mail and web server.

Any plans for yours long term?

Thanks,

Sam