[Wolves] MacOSX....*droool*

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 15 07:39:00 2003

Peter Oliver spoo'd forth:
> Emacs certainly is full of crack, but I don't think you can seriously
> consider it's resource usage as a downside these days.  It's main problem,
> IMHO, is that it can do all manner of cool things, but doesn't, cos you
> need to switch them all on in the config first.
>
> If everyone could agree that it was time to throw away and start again
> from scratch on a new editor, something user-friendly could be written
> that was as full-featured as emacs.  Unfortunately, lots of people have
> decided to throw away, but not many people have joined them, and all have
> started their own projects.

Sure I wrote an essay on this once. :)

I agree entirely. I've been questing for the perfect editor for three
years now and still haven't found it; one of my major problems is that
I want ^S for save, ^Q for quit, and Windows cut/copy/paste keys. I can
rebind Emacs keys to be that, of course, but it breaks the whole world
because of all the combinations that are <one of those keys><something
else>. Plus, Lisp, which might be beautiful and elegant but doesn't
seem to work the way my head works or something...

Aq.

--
"He's a liar and a sneak and he has uncleanly habits"
	   -- Belgarath, DLoK