[Wolves] Need some help!

Adam Sweet wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 15 14:25:00 2003

> So I can choose each time I boot? Do I have to
> re-boot if I want to swap
> between the 2?

Yes. There is software to allow you to run Windows
from within in Linux but it is usually quite pricey
and requires some knowledge to fiddle with to get it
running properly. VM Ware is one, I think Jono uses it
so he can test his web development in Internet
Explorer.

> So Knoppix would be a good way to try Linux without
> installing?

Yes :) It comes with the usual suspects like Open
Office, Mozilla, KDE 3 etc and loads of other stuff.
It is very good.

> > A final option is to scour magazine covermount
> CDs. PC
> > Plus, Personal Computer World and of course Linux
> > Format and Linux User all offer Linux distros on
> their
> > disks (if you're going to get a Linux mag Linux
> Format
> > is definitely the best, not least because Jono
> writes
> > for them ;) - that'll be a fiver please Mr Bacon
> ;)
> I'll look out next time I'm in town.

W H Smith usually stock Linux Format, Linux User is ok
but a bit techy for beginners, stuff like streaming
audio over IPv6...

> > You'll need luck less often than in Windows ;)
> Oh good!

This is because stuff either works or just doesn't
work. Unlike Windows where you often get stuff that
just works some of the time.

Adamski

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk