[Wolves] Wiki

Matthew Revell wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed May 28 14:26:00 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 14:14, fizzy wrote:

> I think it's more them wanting to stick to the
> projects aims rather than some crazy political ideal.

Fair enough. Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick. It does raise the
question of where project aims come from but as they're generally born
out of need, I don't think that's a question really worthy of discussion
:)

> This isn't because of any weird political belief, but
> because it doesn't match the primary aim of the
> kernel, and i believe they are arguing that your idea
> doesn't match the primary aim of a wiki.

Yeah, you're right. I still think it is a useful extension to the wiki
system. I also believe that certain wiki projects *are* politically
motivated - not that that is necessarily a bad thing, IMO - such as
Wikipedia.