[Wolves] Back Up Utils

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Tue Nov 11 15:03:00 GMT 2003

Re-LoaD's LUG Mail spoo'd forth:
> tar very much very funny
>
> what I meant is I have a backup server  Qbee this box needs to login to
> other boxen and pull off xy and z dirs then tar them up to a backup dir on
> Qbee . my question was do have to write the script or is there a util you
> can just tell ip address and what dirs you want backed up?

So, you just run some kind of server on the box, and then other clients
on other machines can get data off it with just its IP address? Am I
thick, or would this be a chronic security hole?

Aq -- hope you put this box on the internet ;)

--
>> Heard a lot about eggnog, but I have never experienced it
>>first-hand. What is this thing made off?
> Isn't it obvious? Eggs and nog, of course.
Don't pay any attention to him, Sid. It's eggs, *sugar*, and nog.
	   -- Jason <jbeasley at primary.net> on rec.humor.oracle.d