[Wolves] non wednesday meeting

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Mon Sep 20 15:09:05 BST 2004

Peter Cannon wrote:

>On Monday 20 Sep 2004 14:00, The wise and knowledgeable Jono Bacon proclaimed:
>

>>Hi,
>>

>>>Not too sure this is a good plan.  We asked who could come on tonight
>>>and get responces from people who don't normally come.  Some of whom
>>>might have had to make special arrangments and then we leave them in
>>>the lurge with 24 hours notice.
>>>
>>>LUG apaphy striking into the hearts of people who are yet to be
>>>infected with it ;-)
>>>
>>>what was the point of asking if the event wasn't going ahead?
>>>

>>I am not stopping anyone meeting up. Go ahead if you want to. Would
>>anyone who cannot normally come to wednesday meets like to confirm that
>>they want to meet tonight?
>>
>>    Jono
>>

>Hi Jono
>
>Its been ages since I started a ruck so now seems as good a time as any. From
>what I saw there was a high response to a Monday night meet although no end
>conclusion was announced/posted.
>(Bloody change the night we meet, rhubarb, rhubarb)
>
>I got the feeling that die hard Wednesday nighters voted by their silence! I
>must admit I thought it was getting a bit tight, time wise, to say we would
>meet tonight and figured it was gonna be the usual Wednesday get together.
>
>Having said all that I now, cant make tonight or Wednesday however I can make
>a fortnight today eg 4.10.04.
>
>PS its my birthday tomorrow and I will be the ripe old age of ????

I am not causing a ruck, but nothing was said other than a few people
who stated they could a monday. As I say, if everyone wants to meet
tonight, go for it, but I can't make it. As for LUG intertia, I am not
the only person in the LUG - someone else could maybe have a go at
organising a meet. Everyone is welcome to organise a meet whenever they
want to. I suggested we make it wednesday as no list had gone out,
nothing had been arranged and no-one had really said anything other than
confirming they can possibly do mondays.

    Jono

PS - Happy birthday for tomorrow Pete :)

--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer