[Wolves] Chris : Midlands Today

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:20:40 BST 2005

On 4/14/05, Steve Parkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote:

> The bits that make the internet work are spread all over the place and
> it was designed to route past bits that didn't work so it would out
> survive you ;-)

But...do you remember a couple of years ago?  The fire that affected
parts of the infrastructure in Manchester?  Communication via the
internet was severely curtailed.  This is what made me think of this
subject after watching the news report.

> Pretty much every bit of electronics has to be tested to make sure it
> isn't buggered by radio waves and doesn't emit too many radio waves to
> the extent you could probably microwave your laptop for a minute and
> then (after cooling) turn it on with minimal effect ;-)  try this with
> your own gear, not mine.

Ah, I did once try microwaving a mug full of tepid tea.  The sparking
from it was fantastic.  It had a gold design on it and it was arcing
all over the place.  I don't think I'd be tempted to try a nice laptop
:-))))  mind you, we could try Jono's Powerbook ;-)

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street