[Wolves] Fedora Core 3

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 10:42:54 GMT 2005

I forgot to mention that I did try Xandros.  I read about the project
about about 3 or 4 years ago and applied to be a beta tester.  I did
not anticipate actually being chosen.  I explained to them that I had
tried and failed more than once in the past in trying to install Linux
(Mandrake and Red Hat at the time) aprt that is from a successful
install of Corel Linux :-0  They accepted me.  It worked ok, ran at a
decent enough speed but I never did get sound working with it.  Bear
in mind that this was with an old soundblaster 32 AWE card that was
ISA.  I had a load of help from a Linux developer over in Canada but
it still would not work properly on my PC at the time.  Bugs were
passed over to the Xandros team at the time of course but they could
not help.

I've still got the beta discs somewhere...

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street