[Wolves] linux mag out DV stuck

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:38:47 GMT 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 10:33:05 -0000, Kelly, Martin <Martinkelly at wlv.ac.uk> wrote:
> Message: 8
> Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:05:00 EST
> From: Simmror at aol.com
> Subject: Re: [Wolves] linux mag out DV stuck
> To: wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
>
> Kevin,
> this is known as "inconvenience packaging" ever tried opening a packet of
> biscuits it says tear here!! the problem is this is the "English disease" we just
> put up with anythig if it happened on the continent or  in the States there
> would be a public uproar, and tose responsible would put it right.
>
> regards
> Robert
>
> Update:  I did complain to the WH smith website and they have sent me a reply saying they are going to look into it.  I went into Another branch of Smiths over the weekend ( forgot It was Mothers day, Rush rush rush)  And couldn't see any copies of Linux Magazine anywhere.  I'm hoping that My request hasn't deprived the public of the potential of Ubuntu, (which I'm very pleased with by the way, having Installed it on my no1 Pc this weekend.... but oh god it's so brown).
> Personally, I like my Dvds secure to the mag, I especially like the glue that feels like flubber, and you can spend hours slowly letting it peel off,  It could replace pickup stiks as a national game.
> Im going to check at lunchtime today to see if they have withdrawn Linux Mag from the Wolves branch, if so I shall fire another email off to smithy's, cause that's not the result I was looking for.
>  Yes fellow humble british workers complain, complain, complain, for only then do we rattle the chains of our slavery at the Bosses and embarrasse them into submission.  ( sorry don't know what came over me).
> Martin Kelly.
> p.s. By the way, when it says "Tear Here" It means you are supposed to cry.

There were a few copies left when I picked up mine.  I went around
about dinnertime 12 pm - 1:00pm on Saturday.

As for Ubuntu.  I've finally got it installed on a PC WAHEY!!!!!!!
But how on earth do I set up my modem????  I've gone through the help
pages and I cannot find any reference to it.  It also seems to be
stuck in 600x480 resolution despite stating only 800x600 and above res
in the set up.  The video card does support it and so does the
monitor.  They both work fine with my SuSE or Mandrake tin.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street