[Wolves] Suse 9.3

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 22:33:27 GMT 2005

On Thursday 24 March 2005 22:03, Kevanf1 wrote:

> Well chaps... SuSE have a 6 month turn around.  Yes it is actually 6
> months since 9.2 was released - or it will be when 9.3 is released.

Not if it comes out in April it wont! plus I've seen the 9.3 folders on FTP
sites for some time now.

> Nothing has changed there, that's how it has been for quite some
> time....apparently.  But, it is rather M$ like in practise.  As for
> things not working in 9.2.  I hover between 9.1 and 9.2  9.2 is on one
> disc while 9.1 is on another and it all depends what mood I'm in.  I
> have to say that I still tend to prefer 9.1  For no other reason than
> at least the documentation has all installed which it didn't in 9.2
> The big question, shall I get and install 9.3?????  Perhaps and only
> then if I win it ;-)))

I doubt if I will! We had a strange email addressed to 'The Cannon family' I
suppose some ignorant Ponce must have whined about unfair advantages just
because I won three stereo systems :D

> I don't like this feeling that I'm getting that I ought and should
> upgrade just because there is a new versioneither out or coming out.
> I'm trying to get away from M$ to avoid that.

Hey hats off to you if you need to be a Linux purist but as someone said to me
you use whats best to get the job done.

At the end of the day thats whats important its not how you got there its the
getting there thats important.

How many of us run dual boot machines? its not a sin or a crime to be honest
I'm thinking of ditching the hard drive setup I have and running Linux purely
under VMware, thats only because I have the Windows version if I had the
Linux version it would be the other way round.

The beauty is of course I can run both together so I just flip from one to the
other to meet my needs rather than a reboot.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk