[Wolves] What makes Gnome/KDE slow?

Deusiah deusiah at gmail.com
Tue May 17 21:58:52 BST 2005

I just this second tried this on my desktop machine (Athlon 64 3200+)
again great results! The terminal now pops open in an instant :)

Before I did this I timed how long Gnome takes to start up including
all the time the icons take to start not just till the desktop
appears, it took 26 seconds in total. Gnome on top of XFCE takes 11
seconds.

Am I on to something here or is there some major part of Gnome I have
forgotten to start? Performance like this usually only comes at a
price.

Chris