[Wolves] Badly in need of a forum?

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Wed May 18 02:39:28 BST 2005

mad-malc at tiscali.co.uk wrote:

>Hi all
>apart from the number of emails recieved that I haven't a clue as to what
>the problem is let alone any understanding of the answer, there is no readily
>accessible history using a mailing list in place of a forum.
>As i recently joined the mailing list to find out what was going on my conclusion
>was that the wolveslug was missing a forum, judging by the content and number
>of the daily emails, which are predominantly of the problem aired problem
>solved type rather than informative news of future events.
>Just an observation really.
>
>Mad Malc

Biggest argument I know for mailing list/forum is:

How many times a day do you login via web to your favourite
news/weather/porn/games site to see if there is anything new to see?
How many times do you find there is nothing new to see? Most times?
Why not switch on and immediately get sent all up to date info - as per
email mailing list.

Bit like having your mobile turned off, you turn it on and you are told
there are 3 voice mail and 5 text messages. Cool.
Better than turning it on, and actively pressins '1' for voicemail, to
find none!