[Wolves] Bored? Try LTSP

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Mon May 23 22:15:27 BST 2005

For all those people who have said they are bored with how simple their
current distro has become, I commend to you the Linux Terminal Server
Project.

 From finding your boot ROM, through DHCP, TFTPing a kernel, connecting
to an NFS share and then XDCMP back to your server. I'm not there yet
but it's been a lot of fun trying. It would be particularly exciting if
you were using the same box as your TFTP/NFS server and to download
stuff from the net through a firewall. I recommend Ubuntu for the server
so the docs aren't quite right but are close enough to give you clues.
You only need an old, slow box for each client (i.e. child/spouse/aged
parent) but you'll 'need' one kick-ass server for the good of all. Enjoy.

Woo