[Wolves] Its Back

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu May 26 16:17:36 BST 2005

Hi All

Finally fixed my PC, well 98% fixed anyway. After installing two new
motherboards, removing two fans (possible power drain) and nearly a week
without it I sorted it all out last night and all it was was the Nvidia
graphics card!!

The thing was shooting through the roof temperature wise which was strange as
the fan on it is working fine.

Now who can explain this?

After removing the graphics card (now using on-board graphics) the following
is fixed;

1. Suse 9.3 reinstalled OK
2. Grub works fine now
3. Kinternet works
4. Sound could be working???

When I start up and shutdown Suse, my speakers do that sound like you get when
you plug a jack lead in and the volume is right up a sort of crackle & thwump
sound, the Kmix icon doesn't have a line across it anymore, the volume is
right up but still no sound I suppose something is grabbing the sound output
I'll have to look through my book and see if there is a solution.

Back to the stupid problem of the modem not working under XP I cant remember
what I did last time to fix this will have to have a play.

--

Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk