[Wolves] Ubuntu Derivatives

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 13:09:52 BST 2006

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 12:45, Simon Morris wrote:

> However! There are sites like http://www.nubuntu.org/ and
> http://www.ubuntulite.org/ which have sprung up but are not official
> derivatives. I can see how Canonical could be concerned about these.

I wasn't saying Canonical (I draw everyones attention to the Canon part by the
way :P) needs to be worried I was thinking more in terms of new users and the
potential for confusion theres been a huge bust up on the SuSE Linux mailing
list about 'Newbies' (I still hate that word) which has meant a netiquette
protocol has been produced. Some of the comments have been very condescending
to say the least so that got me to thinking about Linux as a whole it just
so happened Seb's blog about Christian-Ubuntu hit my desktop while I was
mulling things over.

I try and contribute to the community the best I can I don't code I cant
create apps so that puts me a few rungs down in the pecking order yet IMV the
most important thing anyone can do is bring fresh blood to Linux I just
wondered if this was a case of 'choice' running amok and thereby diluting a
good distribution.

Anyway I thought you was all dead? At least it got people posting again :x

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing