[Wolves] Nsa using linux

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sat Aug 26 19:39:50 BST 2006

On Saturday 26 August 2006 11:35, Adam Sweet wrote:

> The alternative would be to move to Debian testing as
> you already have Debian. Debian testing is as stable
> as everybody else's stable. Simply change the word
> 'sarge' or 'stable' to 'testing' for every instance in
> your /etc/apt/sources.list, then do an apt-get update
> and and an apt-get dist-upgrade (note it's
> dist-upgrade, not an upgrade you're doing a whole
> system upgrade).

Um, stupid (I know nothing about Debian) I've just finished installing what
was billed as testing however its denoted as "Etch"

1. Have I got the right one?
2. Do I still need to change /apt/sources.list entries to 'testing'?

I plan to clone the machine before I start so could do with setting up
correctly first---->then clone---->use the clone to do the install.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon