[Wolves] Asterisk geniuses required

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 21:44:31 BST 2006

--- Simon Morris <simon.morris at cmtww.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 15:49 +0100, Adam Sweet wrote:
> > Hello all
> >
> > Some of you may know that I've been playing
> > Asterisk at Home on and off for the last few months.

> > The part I am stuck on now is getting incoming
> calls
> > to transfer to an external number if they are not
> > answered within 15 seconds. I am using 9 to denote
> an
> > outside line. Remember I am using A at H so none of
> your
> > fancy speak, but will dive under the web admin
> > interface and edit conf files if need be.
>

> Could you share your dialplan (extensions.conf)...
> it should be quite
> easy to add a new priority after a number of seconds
> to dial back out to
> another number (but have you got 2 lines in your
> server? Or are you
> diverting a number from the phone system out over
> VoIP?)

Ahh, is this where I'm going wrong then? I have a
Digium Wildcard TDM400P to connect out over the PSTEN
with two X400M FXO modules and 1 S400M FXS module, but
only 1 FXO has a phone line on the end at the mo. Is
that the problem? That I need the other line connected
up to take make the outgoing call when the other one
is used to take the incoming one?

If thats the case then I'm a dumbass. I don't know why
but I thought that I'd be able to make more than one
call over a single FXO / PSTN line, but of course it's
still a regular phone line. We're not using SIP for
external calls yet.

If not then I'll get my extensions.conf.

Public blush :(

/me hides

Ad

--