[Wolves] I just read this....

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 15:41:59 BST 2006

Quoting Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com>:

>> At the risk of a holy war, I'm going to pose a
>> question and profess the world according to Adam. I
>> know all you FC/SuSE users are bored of hearing
>> about
>> Ubuntu, but I wonder, why are you still using SuSE?
>
> I forgot to mention I ran SuSE 9 or 9.1 for a few
> months until I couldnt get the packages I wanted for
> it.

1. I'm currently off-line FC5 wise using the PCMCIA card in the IBM
X20 to get dapper which by the way has just killed X "What you gain on
the swings you loose on the roundabouts"

2. Just what are these "Packages" that cannot be got? is that some
sort of 'grey argument'? a bit like saying "I just cant get the food I
want from Tescos like I can from Sainsburys"?

I think whats meant by that statement is "I cant get ready rolled
packages" with stuff like SuSE you have to roll your own with many
apps that are not main stream.

IMHO Debian is a very mature, stable distro but is as exciting as
watching paint dry plus you do need a good level of knowledge to get
the best out of it thats why Ubuntu intregues me I look at it as
Debian with go fast stripes painted down the side.

I think you hit the nail on the head earlier, you always feel at home
with the version you use how many people have started a new job and
found themselves saying "At my old place we did this"? its just the
same really.

I honestly dont think (at the moment) theres much differance between
any of them including Ubuntu I really think its just personal choice.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
Peter at cannon-linux.co.uk