[Wolves] NTFS deleted file recovery

Don Cockman don at hauraki.co.uk
Wed Oct 4 09:15:33 BST 2006

I've used Photorec ( http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec ) in the
past, both on Linux and XP....  I had to trawl through tens of thousands
of deleted security camera images :-( It took best part of a weekend but
eventually came up trumps. I restored the files to a new (usb attached)
hard drive and not to the original one.

As noted earlier, it'll not recover names of the deleted files though.

HTH

Don