[Wolves] White-board software

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 22:07:53 BST 2006

I narrowly avoided redundancy by morphing from an ex-programmer,
ex-techie, ex-security officer into an apprentice business analyst. This
is one of the reasons you haven't heard much from me lately.

I'm learning lots of lovely diagramming techniques and I use Umbrello
software for UML . The problem is that it isn't quite quick enough to
use during an interview. I like the 'Agile' idea of using a white-board
and taking a photograph of it or of using a graphics tablet and VERY
simple drawing software that does no more than working like a
white-board that saves. I don't want polygons, spline-curves etc., just
pens, a rubber and file save. At a push - zoom in and out; move up,
down, left and right, type on the keyboard.

So does anyone know of Linux software for

a) cleaning up digital photographs physical white-boards automatically
like http://www.polyvision.com/products/wbp.asp does on Windows (a 20
minute Gimp session isn't quick enough. I might want to refer back to
the drawing I wiped 5 minutes ago now.)

or b) stupidly simple 'white-board' emulation

It's hard to Google for this stuff without getting electronic
white-boards for education or 2 grand 'tablet PCs.'

Some amazing idea I haven't thought of would be good too.

Woo