[Wolves] Webcams....yes, again...

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 23:18:08 GMT 2007

On 15/12/2007, Andrew Lewis <andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk> wrote:

> Even if a webcam does work for me on linux, I find that doing standard
> updates or <something else simple> will break it, and I will have to
> faff around for ages. I don't hold linux responsible for this, I hold
> cheap camera manufacturers and designers that release cameras with
> identical model numbers and entirely dissimilar chipsets.

This isn't the first time I've heard this :-(  It is (or should I say
was) a similar case with wireless networking I believe?  Same model
but different chipsets :-(  This is one of the reasons I've held off
getting a webcam.  I've wanted one for ages but it is going to be used
solely on a Linux PC absolutely not a Windows one.  Hence It must be
Linux compatible...  It's all to do with the night time wildlife
project.  I've had the desire to do this for a couple of years now but
not had the chance to implement it.  Now I do at least have the
permanently set up Linux box :-)

No, it's not this one I'm using at present either in case somebody
does the technical wizardry checks...