[Wolves] Suggest an OS

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 09:47:33 BST 2007

The very simple answer to this is formed after asking a question :-)

Do you want a GUI or not?

If you are happy to use the CLI (I note the fact that you state that
you are still very much a beginner) then you can use Debian and have a
plethora of programs to choose from.  If you want a GUI then it's
either DSL/Puppy or another small footprint distro.  Or, dare I say it
and I am simply being practical here, stick a virgin install of Win
98se on it.  As good as Linux is even the small footprint distro's
start to slow on a low memory PC.

If you want to learn the CLI then this is probably a very good
opportunity to make yourself do so.  You can always wipe it if you
tire of it :-)