[Wolves] Now I know what Vista hell is!!!!

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 09:53:10 GMT 2008

On 18/01/2008, ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin <dick_turpin at archlinux.us> wrote:

> I was taken aback a little when Kevan was attacked but bit my lip,
> he's big enough and ugly enough to fight his own battles however I was
> wrong, so as far as I'm concerned anyone can discuss anything here.
> Now I don't make the rules that's up to Dave as he is the Webmaster
> but if anyone wants to discuss Windows on here with me that's fine if
> you want to talk about Mac with me that's fine if you want to discuss
> your terrible farting that's fine too!

Oh I expected somebody to call me an MS basher in some form or
another.  It just takes me a while to fight back.  I stay calm :-)
that way I can gather my thoughts properly.

> Linux is crap yes you heard me its crap but that's the beauty of it
> everyone is striving to make it better if it was Windows or even Mac
> (I know nothing about Mac by the way) we would not be able to
> contribute in the way we all do.

Another beauty of this is that when a problem is found we know that
there is already somebody working to put it right and that there will
be a patch within days quite possibly.  Compare this to MS's policy of
the once a month update and bug fix...

> Linux is streets ahead in some areas to Windows, Microsoft is pinching
> ideas and formats from the Linux community and we are letting them by
> spending all our efforts slagging MS rather than making Linux better
> than MS.

Exactly.  So surely when somebody finds a bad thing about another OS
it needs to be known so that it can be avoided by Linux or BSD or any
of the other OS's out there.

> I use both Microsoft and Linux I doubt I will ever give up Microsoft
> some of the applications that only run under Windows are excellent so
> why would I make my life a misery by saying "Oh I'd never use that
> nasty man Bill Gate's stuff" I think that's called "Cut your nose off
> to spite your face".

Couldn't agree more.  No doubt the time will come when every avenue of
software use is catered for by the Linux community.  Until that day
comes then some people will have to use an alternative OS to run that
'must have' program.

> Microsoft will never go away and I for one don't want them too
> otherwise who else would there be for us to compete against, each
> other perhaps? "My distro's better than yours" Oh hang on we do that
> already. :-(

I think we can only hope that MS evolves and embraces open source one
day.  Yes, some of you will laugh at that sentence but MS is a
business and if embracing open source happens to be good for business
then it will happen.  If it's not good then it simply will not happen.
 I did say 'hope'.