[Wolves] Bluetooth Dongle

David Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 11:52:42 GMT 2008

>  Back on topic, I forgot to mention that I have a
>  Belkin F8T003 ver. 2 bluetooth dongle which works, so
>  searching google for your dongle's model and the words
>  ubuntu or linux will give you an answer quite quickly
>  as to whether it us supported or not. I forget what I
>  did to make it work beyond installing
>  gnome-vfs-obexftp. I have sent files in both
>  directions, sending to your phone requires little or
>  no setup apart from installing that package but
>  sending to your laptop might take some configuration,
>  I can't remember what I did to be honest. This is
>  something that OS X makes painfully easy and I've been
>  waiting for Gnome to get to the same level for around
>  3 years and it looks like we're finally starting to
>  head that way at last (with what is in the newest
>  versions of Gnome which will appear in the next Ubuntu
>  release), but it's not quite finished yet.
>
>  Ad - narky :)

Ad firstly :P

Secondly I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the new gvfs
version.  Buggy yes but connects both ways :)

Thirdly on gusty if I remember correctly you needed to add
gnome-bluetooth then in Applications/Accessories enable bluetooth file
sharing.  Then your phone can send files to your pc.

--
Seek That Thy Might Know