[Wolves] Jerky video

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:30:09 UTC 2009

I do recall having difficulty with spasmodic video (I'm trying to
raise the tone here out of 'jerky' video) and finding that SuSE was
one of the worst while Kubuntu worked fine on the same hardware.  I
also tried DMA settings etc.  This was on pretty ancient hardwre and I
did get a satisfactory result in the end.

What hardware are you using?  I can play decent video on a 1.8ghz
Athlon chip with a 128mb RAM nVidia card and about 750mb (that needs
rounding up I know) of RAM.  I can go back about 3 or 4 revisions of
Ubuntu on that hardware and the video (proper shop bought DVD) works
great.

Kevan Farmer
Linux user #373362
Staffordshire