[Wolves] Feedback From First Time Attendee

Andy D'Arcy Jewell andy.jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 10:16:57 UTC 2012

On 09/02/12 21:16, Kevanf1 wrote:
> On 9 February 2012 15:22, Scott Cooper<scottc at siliconism.net>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I thought I would give my honest feedback on attending the meet last night
>> (08/02/12) for any other potential 'lurkers' and/or people who may have
>> been considering going..
>>
>> It was horrible and I hated every last second...only joking!
>>
> Well, I could have said that about my first (and only) LUG meeting.
> Trouble is I wouldn't joking...   I don't mean that in a nasty way
> though I have a condition that has only very recently been diagnosed
> and has explained many things in my life.  I just don't do new people
> meeting very well...
I think we are all fine examples of geeks with the expected high IQ's
and Aspie tendencies.

As they say, "Quality comes at a price" :-)

Two of my nephews were recently diagnosed with ASD's and I've learnt a
fair bit about it... and recognise so many traits in myself, and my
older son! It's made me wonder if I should get tested too. Not
surprisingly, I also see these tendencies in other LUG members.

As it's a "spectrum" there is much variety - but we seem to be a pretty
amenable bunch, with few falling outs...

I think we should celebrate it, not hide from it!

--
Andy D'Arcy Jewell

SysMicro Limited
Linux Support