[Wolves] In other news

Claire lug at sitesearcher.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 14:34:59 UTC 2012

On 09/01/12 12:58, Chris Ellis wrote:

>>        1. Chris Ellis (Sorry chaps, far to much on this week . in
>> other news, looks like Mandriva close next week)
>>
>> No surely not.....Say it's not so!  Well at least not again!
>
> Yup, its looking that way.  One shareholder (42% of shares) is
> refusing a recapitalisation of Mandriva SA.  The Mandriva SA CEO,
> wrote to the shareholders, stating he will file for bankruptcy on 16th
> Jan, if a plan is not aggreed.
>
> To make matters more fun, the second shareholder has offered to fund
> the required capital itself.
>
> Essentially, the shareholder is refusing as they want to extract as
> much of their initial capital as they can.
>
> Its a shame, as Mandriva has just managed to sign some deals in Russia
> and with Brazil's ministry of Education.
>
> Either way, power to the community.  Magiea is now in the DistroWatch top ten!

I think it'll be a great shame if Mandriva does go. I used it for years
until Mageia came about. It was never the same after Adam Williamson
left and when most of the names I recognised went too I thought it best
to follow them.

I now do QA for Mageia so I hope if Mandriva does really go the way of
the dodo then people will naturally drift across. I know they would
certainly be welcomed, bar any personal grudges.

I heard that Rosa Labs have forked it now at MDV 2011, is there any
truth to that?

Claire